and see, today is fine. maddening.
so after mediation yesterday, i made a stop at cuba to get in some reading. i'm about halfway through 'visions of cody', and this part of the book is just a transcript of conversations between jack kerouac, neal cassady ('cody'), and some of their friends over a span of several days/weeks. of course, they're all high or slamming benzedrine, so it's a bit disjointed, but fascinating nonetheless. they talk about the most random things--- but what appeals to me is that they analyze music (a lot), down to specific instruments and the progressions, harmonies, technique, everything. just when i think that jack is about to lose me, he pulls something like this and i remember why he kicks ass. i swear i was born in the wrong era.
later on, i went home, and around 11 pm last night, i got a text from meryl. over the course of the next hour or so, we made peace. life is too short to lug around grudges. in sparty's immortal words, 'i'm not dying. i don't need a fucking eulogy.' i know that isn't going to be universally popular among you, but what am i supposed to do, hate the girl for the rest of my life? if so, how can i expect to ask for forgiveness from someone when i screw up? and you all know that i often screw up. so there it is.
and today is friday. J gave me a starbucks gift card that she'll never use. maybe i'll camp out in the coffee shop tomorrow.
oh, and i've decided to paint the living room over the 4th of july holiday. i need color suggestions. sage? maybe a red? i want something different. and if you know where i can get concert handbills framed at a reasonable price, let me know. i have several. ebay is the devil.
anyway, today is a good day, even if 'bird on the wire' was the first song i heard this morning on itunes (random play).
resume your lives.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I wish I could forgive. I can't.
I try, and some days I think I'm at peace with it, but then I will wake up and remember the egregious neglect and, later, outright psychological abuse with which I was treated, all to spare a coward his reckoning, and my blood tingles with tiny hot bubbles of rage.
At least, that's what it feels like, though anatomically, physically, that's impossible, I guess.
No one said you had to hate her. But if you keep touching the hot stove & then marveling at how you get burned each & every time (on a consistent enough basis that you could put money on it) eventually your friends aren't going to want to hear about the fucking stove anymore.
I don't know about you, but for me friendship is a two way street. That's all I'm going to say. (this time. Because we all know this is going to happen at least 3 more times)
^^If you want me to sugarcoat this, you are 4 years too late for that. There's a lot more I could say, you know that. This is it for today. :)
I don't know about red for a living room. How about a chili powder color? Not as angry as red, but still lively. Sage would be nice & calming, but I can see you hating it after 6 months.
i like the idea of a chili powder color. what about a color for the bathrooms, my bedroom , and pepper's bedroom?
Lavender for Pepper's room, because at 18 a lavender room won't embarrass her like a pink one will. Your room I always see as cream with red accents. Bathrooms, plural? Lucky bitch. I like blue for a bathroom, but I mean like ocean blue, smoky blue. Maybe with a royal blue, and maybe tiles instead of paint since you can clean them pretty easily. Same with the other bathroom, a mild green like a weeping willow tree (do you have those there?) and maybe peach? Something clean & fresh.
Post a Comment